This child is hilarious and at the same time could worry the fuzz off of a peach with all the questions. In one of our many conversations in a day, we somehow got onto how God is in charge. (He's big on this one right now.) I told him that one reason that Mommy and Daddy try to teach him to obey us is so that when he hears God tell him something, that he will be in the habit of obeying and will do what God says. I gave him the example that God had told Mommy and Daddy to adopt a baby a couple of years ago. I told him that if we had just ignored God or said no, then we wouldn't have Levi with us now. He didn't like that option. A little more discussion occurs about Levi and about his own "coming into the family" and how both were from God. Then silence. Then..."Did God tell us to get a sister?" I answered him as honestly as I knew how. I told him that I believed that God had given us a definate "not now", but that I didn't know what God would say about that in the future. We'd have to wait and see.
I like to think it's a matter of "when" and not "if", but I know God is in charge and if my family is complete, he will help us see that. If it is not, then He will bring the right person in at the right time and He'll provide for all the details that surround adding another to the group.
No comments:
Post a Comment