Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dreams at the beach.

Our family just returned home from a lovely beach vacation. The boys had a blast and enjoyed living in the same sq. footage as MeeMaw and Poppy. Going on vacation with them is nice for many reasons, but one in particular is that it allows for Mom and Dad to sneak away from little boys. Chris and I enjoyed a couple of times out by ourselves, even if it was just out in the ocean bobbing around and chatting.

On one evening we were out after the boys went to bed and we were shopping/returning at the outlet mall. We passed a store window full of cutie-patootie little girl clothes and I said "Do you think we'll ever have a little girl?" To which Chris responded without hesitation "Yes, I do." That may not mean a lot to anyone else, but to me who knows my husband and knows that he doesn't just "say" things because I open the door for them to be said. He doesn't say something unless he BELIEVES it.

On the journey home I brought up the subject of "timeline" and we both sort of agreed that beginning paperwork in the summer of 2010 would be good. That would get us to the end of 2010 before everything was ready to go and then give us another year or so to wait for the rest of the process. That would make Levi almost 4 by the time Aliyah came home. (Still wondering how to spell that...Alia, Alea, Aleah, Aliyah...thoughts??)

None of this is breaking news, but I thought it was nice that we seem to be on a path again and though it may be off in the distance, we have a goal. I believe God has this for us and He will bring it to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment